Thumbnail Filmstrip of Mini Hammered Dulcimer Plan - Download Images
Build a mini hammered dulcimer with our full size blueprints and assembly instructions.
These plans are for a 9/8 dulcimer. 9 course on the treble bridge. 8 courses on the bass bridge.
Range is from C4 (middle C) to D6. That is just over two octaves. You can have a lot fun in two octaves!
What's Included in Your Download
You will receive an email after you complete your purchase with a download link. Your download will include:
- Full size blueprints(PDF)
- Complete assembly instructions
Because our bluerpints are full size, it is helpful to print them on a large format printer at your local print shop (Kindko's, etc.) You have permission to print one "working copy" of our blueprints at a print shop.
You can also print full size blueprints on a standard home printer. See how to print full size blueprints on standard 8.5" x 11" letter paper.
- Many of our digital downloads are zipped files (.zip). This means the file has to be unzipped to make use of the files.
- Most Windows and Mac Desktops will unzip the files simply by double clicking on them.
- If you download the file to an iPad, you will need one of the free unzipping apps to access the files.
- Make sure you pay attention to your download location so you can find the files after they have been downloaded.
Here are a couple of pictures from Terry who built this instrument using our plans.
Terry says: "I downloaded the mini dulcimer plans and ordered the hardware from you. Thought you might like to see the finished product. It's made from Sapele and maple. The hammers were made from the same two woods as well."